Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Everlasting Friendships!

Winter break has begun...and the rest is much needed!!! I can't believe that in one more month, I will be half way through this school year. Time is just flying by...seriously!!! On the last day of school, I gave my class a multiplication sundae party. They have been studying since the beginning of September to know all their facts...and believe it or not, over half the class knows them all!!! I am such a proud teacher these days!!! Here is a picture of my class enjoying the 8 minutes of snowfall that got us out of school an hour early!!!

My school recently had a Christmas Dinner at McCormick and Schmicks. I had so much fun getting to hang out with all my buddies from school. We laughed the entire night....I'm not kidding, my stomach hurt the next day ;) I appreciate all of them and everything they do to keep me sane in my little world at school. I know a lot of people who just aren't happy with their job or where they work, but I've found a place where I don't even conceive the notions. It truly depends on the group of kids I get each year...and I'm extremely thankful for the motivated group I have this year! So many blessings in my career!

Recently Jon and I got to have game night with a few of our close friends. We of course played lots of Cranium, our new favorite game. I'm not sure when it all began, but Jon and I have always enjoyed playing board and card games. We have a whole closet full. The next game the was recommended to us and that I've heard is so terribly fun is the game Quelf...anyone ever played it?!?!? Would love to know if its worth the money. Here's a picture of Sarah drawing a picture with her eyes closed as Jon tries to interpret it:

Christina is in town this week to spend Christmas with her family. Kelsey and I snagged her for a few hours to catch up over lunch. We talked the whole time and were rudely interrupted by Creepy McCreeperson almost 5 times during our lunch. Creepy McCreeperson is the lady who kept stopping to talk to Kelsey. Kelsey is such a little magnet...and the worst part is she actually will go to them if I let her. She is fearless and loves everything and everyone. A trait I'm sure that will change over the next year. Here's Kelsey and Christina and Kelsey's new baby (Minnie) that her auntie got her:

A good friend is hard to find, hard to loose and impossible to forget. The best friend I have, is my husband. Through the ups, the downs, there's no one who I trust more to stand by my side than Jon. He is such a patient husband and a remarkable father. Forever my soul mate.


Cheese!

1 comment: